Questions About Acupuncture
Many of our new patients have a lot of questions about acupuncture- how it can help, how it is delivered, is it painful, etc. That’s why we decided to take the time to answer some of our most frequently asked questions. Feel free to call us if you have others.
What Is Acupuncture & How Does It Work?
What Conditions Can It Treat?
- Sleeping Disorders
- Chronic or acute pain (back, knee, neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hip pain, arthritis)
- Menstrual Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (food allergies, peptic ulcers, chronic diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, gastrointestinal weakness, anorexia, IBS, and gastritis)
- Urogenital Disorders (stress, incontinence, urinary tract infections, and sexual dysfunctions)
- Gynecological Disorders (absent, irregular, heavy or painful menstruation, infertility in women and men, and premenstrual syndrome)
- Respiratory Disorders (emphysema, sinusitis, asthma, allergies, and bronchitis)
- Disorders of the Bones, Muscles, Joints, and Nervous System, such as arthritis, migraine, headaches, neuralgia, insomnia, dizziness and low back, neck and shoulder pain
- Circulatory Disorders (hypertension, angina pectoris, arteriosclerosis and anemia)
- Emotional and Psychological Disorders (depression and anxiety)
- Addictions (alcohol, nicotine, and drugs)
- Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders
- Learn more about what acupuncture can treat at the World Health Organization
Is Acupuncture Safe?
Is Acupuncture Painful?
are fleeting and followed by deep relaxation.
How Long Is An Acupuncture Treatment?
also be incorporated. We develop a treatment for the Primary Complaint as well as the Root cause of your complaint. As you heal, your treatments will reflect your change and different points will be used.
How Do I Prepare For My Acupuncture Treatment?
Is Acupuncture Covered By Insurance?
How Frequently Do I Need To Receive Acupunture To Benefit?
Why Should I See An Acupuncturist?
Do I Have To Be Ill To Benefit From Acupuncture?
Our Patients Talk About Us
I have suffered from foot pain for the last 10 years and decided to try acupuncture treatment. Sheridan Spencer treated my foot pain and I can honestly say I found relief and would recommend her treatment to others which suffer similarly.
Our Patients Love Us!
As a nurse of 31 years suffering from migraines, I was willing to try something new. Sheridan Spencer and staff at Georgia Medical Acupuncture were professional, knowledgeable, and sensitive to my individual care. For the first time, I have found migraine relief and recommend Georgia Ketamine for anyone seeking a new kind of treatment. Huge thanks to Sheridan and the staff for their help.
Our Service Area
We have patients coming from all over Atlanta that want to experience the benefits of Acupuncture. In fact, we provide our services for people coming from many different cities, such as Gainesville, Oakwood, Buford, Braselton, Flowery Branch, Alpharetta, Athens, Cumming, Dacula, Suwanee, and many more cities around Atlanta. Call and schedule your appointment today!
1370 Thompson Bridge Road,
Gainesville, GA 30501
Tues, Thur, Fri
9:00am to 4:00pm
By appointment only
Click to Learn More About our acupuncture services for Gainesville, Georgia.